4 Vegan Superfood Cookie Recipes
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
Share a little joy with homemade vegan cookies! Each of these recipes is packed with superfoods that will not only add flavor but will also boost the nutritional value. Plus, without raw eggs, the dough is perfectly safe to taste before baking.
Cashew and Almond Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 2 cups of pitted dates
- ¼ cup of cacao nibs
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 Tbs. of chia seeds
- 1 Tbs. of cacao powder
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- ½ tsp. of sea salt
- ¼ tsp. of cinnamon
- Soak the dates in a bowl of water for approximately 30 minutes until soft.
- Combine the chia seeds, cinnamon, cocoa, dates and vanilla in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Add the cocoa nibs and coconut and blend a few seconds more.
- Spoon the dough and spread evenly on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Freeze the dough for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares or roll into balls.
- Serve and enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 Tbs. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- Combine and thoroughly cream the coconut oil and brown sugar together.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients to make a crumbly dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for seven to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Store uneaten cookies in a covered container.
Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe for Peanut Butter Lovers
- 1 cup of chunky, salted peanut butter
- 1 cup and 1 Tbs. of coconut or almond flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 large banana, mashed
- Put the peanut butter into a large bowl to soften at room temperature.
- Stir the peanut butter well.
- Add the banana and sugar, and mix well.
- Add the flour little by little.
- Put spoonfuls of the dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove cookies from oven and serve when cool.
Gingerbread Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2½ cups of flour
- ½ cup of vegan butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of un-sulfured molasses
- 1 flax "egg" (1 Tbs. of flax meal combined with 2 Tbs. of water)
- ¾ tsp. of ginger
- ¾ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. of ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt
- ¼ tsp. of baking soda
- Combine the butter, sugar and molasses in a bowl and cream with a mixer.
- Add the flax egg, spices, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of flour at a time and blend.
- Continue adding flour and blending until the dough is firm.
- Roll the dough on a floured flat surface until approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Cut the dough as desired and placed on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Freeze for five minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for six to seven minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.