Benefits of Making Your Own Dog Treats + Dog Treat Recipe
Learn to make fresh and nutritious treats for dogs!
Dog lovers no longer have to be concerned about the preservatives used in packaged dog treats. Not only are these homemade treats safer, healthier and more flavorful than their store-bought counterparts, but they are also much easier on the pocketbook. Most people already have nearly all of these ingredients in their pantry, making it simple to whip up a batch anytime.
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1/8 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened dried apple chips
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix water, applesauce, honey, egg and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well-blended.
- Pour into lightly greased muffin pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
These yummy homemade snacks will make any pup smile and beg for more! The recipe makes about 12 muffin-sized treats.
Look for a majority of these ingredients on iHerb’s Grocery Page.