Page 1 - Reviews - Health Garden, All Natural Monk Fruit Sweetener, Golden, 16 oz (453 g) - iHerb
NZ

Posted on Oct 25, 2021

Generally speaking, it's not "really" monk fruit, more a monk fruit enhanced erythritol. But this is the industry standard... The monk fruit makes the erythritol as sweet as sugar, but still you have the known issues with erythritol. Nevertheless, it's a good price for that product and it's not like there's a lot of alternatives.

c85c73e4-2bc5-4095-850d-ccf7e4fb9e29
Posted on Sep 22, 2021

The smell is amazing and the taste is nice, no after taste indeed but with the cooling effect of erythritol that I don't actually mind (tested alone) It says that it caramelizes like sugar, I will try to make different sauces with this for sure. Very nice and cheap. Stay safe and healthy y'all 🌸

3e275bf9-6dc6-4f46-ba10-10166c136905
56227ac4-7b3c-45cb-86bf-b3f4859a8283
9eb760c8-e33f-4541-8ed1-21f9589cf726
237e4425-8e94-4948-80e2-1c1ba6f25490
Posted on Jan 11, 2022

Keep buying this because the smell is really good, similar to the regular brown sugar. It’s the best sugar substitute for keto and low carb cooking and bakery. Compare to Lakanto brand, i definitely love this more because of the sugar itself is much more dried than Lakanto one(Lakanto: very lumpy). And the bag is firmer and stronger than Lakanto as well 👍🏻 RECOMMEND!

Posted on Nov 11, 2021

use this for my pancakes whenever i occasionally start pining for pancakes and i don't want to cheat on my lchf diet (combined with pancakes made using almond and coconut flour) Not quite 100% the same as dutch pancakes with dutch caramelized sugar, but easily close enough to hit the spot

Posted on Oct 8, 2021

I’ve been curious to try monkfruit sweetener for a while after seeing it in varying forms here on iherb so I decided to buy this one because it’s meant to emulate brown sugar. It’s safe to say that this is the best alternative sweetener I have tried to date; I own a healthy treats bakery and have worked with all the different types of sugar replacements including: xylitol, erythritol, stevia and allulose. The taste really does compare to brown sugar, I went as far as baking chunky peanut butter cookies with it and testing it on family members… their verdict? they tasted incredible! No one suspected they were sugar-free. I will be purchasing again and can’t wait to get experimenting with some more baking.

Posted on Nov 4, 2021

I am fully satisfied with the quality and price. This brand is way cheaper than the other brand in the market. The most important thing is, there is no after taste unlike other types of monk sugar or zero calorie sugar. 🥰

501c76d2-1a2b-4df3-80fc-67745d028b58
Posted on Sep 18, 2021

Now I started to stock up this brand. I buy in bulk. Uses it by adding 1/2 of these and another 1/2 erythritol (plus 30% more cz erythritol is 70% sweetness to monk fruit) according to the ingredients

a64d7200-c781-4d63-b889-1e0543a4cf7a
Posted on May 11, 2022

I love the golden monk fruit. It has the taste of brown sugar. I use it in cereals and fruity blended teas,it really brings out their flavor And of course, I like the benefit of zero calories. I would prefer a canister, but the quality of bag is sturdy enough to hold the weight.

Posted on Apr 1, 2022

Excellent sweetener that’s closest to sugar than all other sweeteners I have tried so far. Definitely better than stevia. Works great for baking! My mother in law is diabetic so it was amazing to be able to cook and bake for her with an excellent sugar substitute that’s both healthy and tasty!

Posted on Mar 5, 2022

Monkfruit is a natural sweetener, but hard to dose as it has high potency. By combining it with erythritol, dosage is the same as with regular sugar. There are no 'funny' ingredients, the tast is almost equal to brown sugar. The larger 450 g package lasts quite a bit, and is excellent price-quality wise. The benefit is that foods can be sweetened without adding on calories to the diet.